I’m new to this blog, so I was surprised and excited that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Janet at https://endless-rivers.com/ Thank you so much, Janet! I’m honored! (and sorry, I couldn’t get the link to change to your blog title)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Answers to Janet’s Questions
- What is your greatest life lesson so far? To be self sufficient. Totally self sufficient.
- What’s your favorite Car Karaoke song to sing? Depends on the purpose of the drive. Decompress drive – worship music. Traveling – Jason Mraz, Uncle Kracker, or Goo Goo Dolls
- Name one habit you would like to quit and one you would like to start? I would love to master the art of not procrastinating. I would love to start practicing Hal Elrod’s Miracle Morning, but I’ve tried it and it (I) was terrible.
- What has been your greatest challenge in the past month? Getting off my tail! I’ve never watched so much tv in my entire life. I’ve never been this idle. Ever.
- Share one thing you’ve never shared before about yourself. I dislike when people copy me on anything. It’s supposed to be the greatest form of a compliment, but I find it annoying. I don’t follow trends, I just do what I like. If what I like becomes a trend, I change it. I just like novelty in everything.
- What are you most afraid of? Dying too soon. I don’t dwell on it or anything, but I’ve had health issues no one in my family has had. Hereditary ones at that. I seem to catch the brunt of it all. However, I’m not unhealthy at the moment.
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone else? Not sure if I’ve been mistaken for anyone, but have been told hundreds of times I look like Jamie Lee Curtis or Jenna Elfman – even though they don’t look anything like each other? You can judge whenever I finally put a picture on my profile, one day, when I stop procrastinating.
- What’s missing in your life? A teardrop camper. Retro style.
- What is the ONE thing on your bucket list? Visiting Cape Cod.
- Would you rather camp or do a five star hotel? Camping. Alone with my dog. If you know me, then you know.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert. No doubt. My oldest and youngest daughters are introverts and I have no idea how they do it.
11 Facts About Myself
- I have a very low self esteem at the moment, even though I know better. ???
- I’ve been married and divorced twice. First marriage started when I was 19 and ended 4 years later. I was bored. Second marriage lasted 18 years and was 18 years too long.
- I can drink buttermilk all day every day and don’t understand why people don’t like it, yet they like sour cream. IT’S LITERALLY THE SAME THING WITH LOWER VISCOSITY!
- I love doing laundry
- Anxiety hits me hard driving on high overpasses. My body locks up and I break out in sweats, barely able to drive. It’s not a fear of falling. I can feel the altitude, but it doesn’t bother me if someone else is driving.
- I wanted to try veganism after one of my professors made the class watch videos on Dr. Michael Greger, but I love butter and bacon too much. It’s not out of my realm of experiments though.
- I want to teach myself acoustic guitar. After letting this be known, I received a guitar for my birthday last year. However, I broke my left wrist 10 years ago and it didn’t heal correctly, so it hurts to play. I have to have it restrung to be able to strum it left handed. I’ve just never had it done yet. I can imagine with this quarantine, had I thought about it, I could have been pro by now.
- I have a wanderlust soul. I initially wanted to become a psych nurse and I still don’t know exactly what area I want to be in, but I do believe I want to be a travel nurse.
- I have bounced back and forth from Texas to Louisiana my entire life. Currently I’m in Louisiana.
- Speaking of Louisiana, I’m not a fan of Louisiana culture. At all. I’m also in North Louisiana which is a completely different state from South Louisiana. However, I do love crawfish.
- I’m a preacher’s granddaughter.
My Nominees Are…
I’m not following too many blogs at the moment, so I couldn’t choose very many nominees. They are not listed in any particular order and they also range from one end of the spectrum to the other, so there should be something for several here. Go check them out and give them a follow!
Questions for my Nominees
- What is one quality about yourself you’d like to see passed on to your descendants?
- Would you rather live in the convenience of the city or the simplicity of the country?
- Are you fan of reality TV? If so, what’s your favorite show?
- What has been the most challenging part of quarantine?
- Have you ever been out of your home-country?
- What was the most expensive vacation you’ve ever taken?
- Have you ever met a celebrity?
- How many languages can you speak?
- If you knew you only had one day to live, how would you spend it?
- What’s one thing about your life you would change if you could?
- Why did you start a blog?
This was a thought process for sure! It was fun! You don’t have to be nominated to join in on the discussion. I’d love to see everyone’s answers!
Peace, love, and girl scout cookies – Lori